Saturday, August 24, 2013

Apology and Announcement

Hey guys,

I know there have been no new posts for quite some time now. One reason is that I had huge problems with my game for quite some time after buying a new notebook. Now it's working again, more or less, but I am still scared that it will break down again, and therefore haven't played that much since this incident.

In addition, I'm having a writer's block. Writing new chapters for any of my legacies is something I'm not too fond of at the moment. Maybe this has something to do with the internship I'm doing during August, which includes a lot of teaching. Being around 15-year-olds five hours a day is astonishingly exhausting... and preparing our material and lessons is not exactly relaxing, either. 
Well, like I said, this is one reason for my lack of enthusiasm. The others are more complex and kept me in a state of not wanting to do anything for a couple of weeks. Getting better now. Maybe I should just force myself to write a new chapter, especially since I have so many pictures waiting. So please have some more patience with me, I will be back soon. Promise!

You might also have noticed that your feed has gotten a little shorter. I decided not to continue my Wishacy "Sweet as Honey" and the "Opposites Attract" Legacy and already deleted those blogs. To be honest, those were just spontaneous ideas I had, and since I like the feeling of starting something new, I rushed into this. There is no point in continuing them, because I didn't even enjoy playing. Writing the last chapters for the Wishacy was a real struggle, and as soon as I started the "Opposites" Legacy, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it. The idea might have been funny, but I didn't want to do it. Sorry that I dragged you guys into it and introduced you to something that is not going to be continued now. Now I have my DITFT and my ISBI, that's all I can take and all I want to do. Both are intriguing and new, and I am trying to get back in the game.

Keep your eyes open, it will be worth it - soon! :) Thanks for staying with me!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know life can get in the way a lot, but I hope that you're taking care of yourself... those 15 year olds can take *years* off of your life!

    You could always got the minimalist route and just post the pictures with no narrative...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm kind of glad that it's only one more week... although we're having fun with those teens, too. I'm just not used to standing in front of a group in that age.

      On some level I DO want to write. This morning, I opened the DITFT-save for the first time in weeks and even played a little. Maybe the thought of seven or eight chapters before having caught up frightened me a little, which is why I've been thinking about cutting those chapters together a little. Some of the happenings really aren't exciting, just everyday stuff. We'll see. There will be new chapters, some way or the other, and there will be text. :D

      Delete